The Hayesfield LEAP provision includes opportunities for all of our students to ‘Extend’ their learning in subjects they are studying, to ‘Enrich’ their life experiences by trying activities which may be new to them and for them to access ‘Support’ in a subject area, or with a certain skill, in order that they achieve their Personal Best.
LEAP options run from 3.25 to 4.25pm. We want all our students to be able to achieve their academic and personal best and the LEAP programme is an integral part of that.
Places are limited for some activities, so we cannot guarantee all students will be offered their first preference. All participation is done on a random by preference basis using the new LEAP software.
- A Hayesfield Girl is expected to attend 2 LEAPs per week. (If your son/daughter does an organised after-school activity outside of Hayesfield, we can credit this as part of her two LEAP options. Please login and add the external activity in the process)
- All LEAPs are registered and if your son/daughter is unable to attend one of the activities in a certain week then please contact the main office so that she can be removed from the list for that activity on that day
- All registers will be monitored each term. The expectation of 2 LEAPs per week will be assessed and students will be invited back for Intervention Week in July 2019 if there is a lack of attendance
Please sign up using our online registration system
Instructions – The information below is to support you in setting up the choices for your son / daughter for Terms 5 and 6 LEAP.
Please follow this carefully:
You must show on the choices if your son/daughter does External activities. This counts towards the LEAP enrolments for the term and needs to be accounted for here.
- If your son/daughter does an activity outside of School please select “External extra-curricular” as their activity. You can select this option more than once, but you will need to email confirmation of the activities your son/daughter attends
If students choose to do a Club on the same day as their External activity, please only select the Club. In this situation, please choose another day to select for the External activity (this is the only way of completing the two activities).
Similarly, if student’s External activities are held at the weekend, please select one day of the week to identify this
- Choose 2 activities (3 maximum) within the week e.g. 1 on Monday and 1 on Thursday. You must chose a first and second choice on these two days. If you make a mistake, to delete a choice, simply enter a preference number of zero (0)
- You can now choose A Level and GCSE Intervention for Year 10 upwards to show that your son/daughter is going regularly to a drop in clinic for a subject
- Once you have entered and saved your choices, you will be prompted to submit them – this validates your requests and makes them visible to the Hayesfield administrators. After some time to process, we will email you confirmation of your son/daughter’s accepted choices.
Students will be selected automatically at random
If there are any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- FISH Trampolining is external but can now to selected as an activity
- After selecting External extra-curricular please email email@example.com for the attention of Ms H Bell-West highlighting the activities so that we have a record of this
- Some other activities are interventions and are invite only. Your son/daughter may be selected for these separately. If your son/daughter is attending these interventions please select the A Level or GCSE Intervention from the list on the specific day
Assistant Headteacher (Character Development)
CHQ Parent Guide 2018 [PDF]
Year 7 LEAP Options Terms 5 and 6 [PDF]
Year 8 LEAP Options Terms 5 and 6 [PDF]
Year 9 LEAP Options Terms 5 and 6 [PDF]
Year 10 LEAP Options Terms 5 and 6 [PDF]
Year 11 LEAP Options Terms 5 and 6 [PDF]
Sixth Form LEAP Options Terms 5 and 6 [PDF]
We have lots of fabulous rooms at lunchtime available for all year groups to go and relax, play board games, red books, discuss events etc. This is supervised by Sixth Form, Y10 and Y11 Prefects.