In May 1945 the war in Europe came to an end. Millions of people up and down the country greeted the news with singing and dancing in the streets.
Despite the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we still want to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day and this pack will help you put together your own celebrations.
COVID-19 may have meant many community activities have been cancelled however why not consider a socially distanced celebration at home!
Please ensure your celebration respects all the social distancing guidelines in place relating to COVID-19. Why not celebrate at home with a garden tea party and games or a sing-a-long with members of your household. For the latest social distancing guidelines visit gov.uk/coronavirus
However you choose to celebrate at home please make sure you have fun responsibly at this time.
Show us how you’re celebrating! Share your party photos with @WiltsCouncil
on Twitter and @WiltshireCouncil on Facebook using #VEDayWilts.
Don’t forget to also share your second world war stories, family histories and messages of remembrance on social media using #VEDay75 to join the conversation now.
This pack includes:
- A postcard to show your support for VE Day
- Fun VE Day themed activities
- Sing-a-long lyrics to popular 1940’s songs
- Tasty 1940’s inspired food and drink recipes to serve on the day
- VE Day poster to display in celebration
- Links to national toolkits to help you celebrate
- Template designs to get you started